Friday, August 21, 2015

Daily Sketches. #21 Hot (Poem)

21
Write about feeling hot – your sensations, thoughts, desires. 

Drop
Drop
Drop
Driblets of salty fluid
Down the burning neck.
Heat
Heat
Heat
Creeping under the skin,
Warming from the inside.
Sweat
Sweat
Sweat
Trickling down the back,
Purling over the spine –
Murmuring creek to a bay.
Hot
Hot
Hot
Running to cold,
Rushing to wet,
Sharp rocks hurting the feet.
Splish
Splash
Splush
Jumping from fire to ice,
Savoring long summer days –
Memories’ sparks for winter’s hearth.


3 comments:

  1. I can feel each drop of sweat! This was a perfect prompt for a poem, I am still leery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you share your poems here. Yours and Jack's might just nudge me into a more poetic place. But even if they don't, I'm enjoying reading both of yours very much, which in itself is rather new for me. So thank you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Oh no hot! :-D
    Life is on top of me right now. But enjoying your joining in the poetry vibe!
    The cat one was so perfect with the rhymes all neatly tying around like a cat's tail.
    Love you! Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete